Same as Type 6.2.7
Same as Type 6.2.7 except standing tiger reintroduced in centre and pedestal below RBI seal with tiny ‘BHARAT’ in Hindi in centre in lower margin. Inset introduced with Type 22.214.171.124B
1. Ashoka Pillar on left, ‘2’ in centre; R/B/I in three lines on right. 2. Ashoka Pillar with 6 wheels in background on left , ‘2’ in centre; R/B/I in three lines on right.
10.7 x 6.3 cm
- Urdu corrected in Type 126.96.36.199 B
- Change in watermark from Type 188.8.131.52 A
- The prefix got restricted to 20 alphabets for accounting purposes. Prefix I, J, O, X, Y, Z are not used from Type 184.108.40.206A.
- This type was issued in parallel with Type 6.2.10
|220.127.116.11 A||S. Jagannathan||A - M||Urdu legend in the last line of the language panel on reverse reads ‘RUPAYA’ Released on 24th September 1970|
|18.104.22.168 B||S. Jagannathan||M - W||Henceforth, Urdu legend in the last line of the language panel on reverse reads ‘RUPAYE’|
|22.214.171.124 A||K.R. Puri||W - Y||Released on 28th December 1975|
|126.96.36.199 B||K.R. Puri||A||A - D||Released on 20th October 1976|
|188.8.131.52 A||I.G. Patel||A||E - W||Henceforth watermark of Ashoka Pillar with Wheels is introduced and prefix ‘J’, ‘X’, ‘Y’ ‘Z’ are discontinued|
|184.108.40.206 B||I.G. Patel||B||A - W||Released on 31st October 1980|
|220.127.116.11 C||I.G. Patel||C||A - M||Released on 21st July 1982|
|18.104.22.168||Manmohan Singh||C||M - Q||Released on 3rd March 1983|